$1K STEM Grants Available for K-12 Schools, Apply by May 31
The first annual Lt. Governors’ STEM Scholarship Program awards up to $1,000 to 12 schools nationally to support STEM-related activities for students. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2022, with award recipients announced and funded this Summer 2022.
The National Lieutenant Governors Association (NLGA) will award three scholarships to states in each of the four NLGA regions for 2022. Two schools from each region will receive $1,000 rewards each, and one school from each region will be awarded $500 – for a total of 12 scholarships with $10,000.
The funding must be utilized for Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics educational opportunities – such as projects curriculum, or equipment.
Administered by the NLGA, the scholarship program is sponsored by the ACT, the education and career readiness nonprofit, and the only college admissions test provider to include a science assessment.
All public, private, and tribal schools in all 50 states and five U.S. territories are invited to apply.
Encourage your school to apply to capture some of these available scholarships for NJ schools!
Applications will be reviewed in June 2022, with award winners announced at the NLGA Annual Meeting, July 20-22, 2022.
Click here for more information about the NLGA Lt. Governors’ STEM Scholarship Program.
- Application must be submitted by a teacher or project advisor of a public or private, state-accredited, or tribal, K-12 school
- The funding must be utilized for Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics educational opportunities, such as projects, curriculum, or equipment.
- By applying for this Scholarship, the teacher or advisor agrees to potential contact by NLGA and/or the state/territorial lieutenant governor/second-in-command for further information.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the NLGA Executive Committee (lieutenant governors and seconds-in-command) by region, and by NLGA Staff.
How to Apply:
- Visit nlga.awardsplatform.com. You must register as a user with your name, email address, and password. A verification email will be sent to you. Click the link in that email to begin your submission. If you already registered, log in using your email address and password.
- After logging in, click START APPLICATION. Under “CATEGORY”, select “NLGA Lt. Governors’ STEM Scholarship Program” from the pull-down menu and review the information on the page. Give your application a name.
- Complete the fields within the application. You have the option to submit attachments in support of your nomination.
- Click SUBMIT APPLICATION when completed.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022 NLGA LT. GOVERNORS’ STEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS MAY 31, 2022. Award notifications will be made around August 1, 2022.