Water Repairs in Hanover Township, Potential Service Disruptions
Tomorrow, January 7, 2023, from 7am to 4pm the Southern Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority will do repairs to water service lines; disruptions in water service are possible.
SMCMUA has identified needed water repairs at or near 522 Rt. 10 in Hanover Township. Repairs are scheduled for January 7, 2023, between 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
Please be advised that water service may be disrupted in this area, which includes but may not be limited to Route 10 (Nos. 494, 500, 522, 554, 558, and 568) and Railroad Plaza (Nos. 1 and 2).
Affected customers will be notified via telephone and/or door hangers. No boil water advisory has been issued.
After repairs are completed, if discolored water is observed, flush the internal cold water plumbing lines until all faucets run clear, start at the lowest level of your home or business and work your way to the highest level floor. Flush sinks, tubs, showers, all appliances that utilize water, and outdoor hose bibs.
- Flush the water lines that feed the washing machine and dishwasher before use by running each through one cycle.
- If discolored water is utilized to wash laundry, it may become stained, in this case, the laundry may have to be rewashed (do not dry stained laundry) using an iron stain remover product.
- Empty and clean automatic ice makers.
- Drain and refill hot water heaters with temperatures set below 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow manufacturer recommendations for any necessary flushing of water softeners/cartridge filters. If the water pressure or flow is lower than normal at a specific faucet, remove and clean the aerator screen.
- Water reservoirs in tall buildings should be drained and refilled (as applicable).
SMCMUA apologizes for the inconvenience. To receive similar water-related alerts, UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION and register for Smart911.