Multiple Construction Zones and a Sinkhole Disrupt Traffic Across Morris County
Commuters face lane closures and detours on key routes including NJ 24 and I-80
Morris County, NJ — A sinkhole and several construction projects are causing significant traffic disruptions across multiple towns in Morris County, including Hanover, Roxbury, and Montville Townships. Motorists are advised to exercise caution and plan alternate routes.
Sinkhole on NJ 24 in Hanover Township
At 8:14 a.m., a sinkhole was reported on the NJ 24 eastbound ramp to Exit 2 - CR 510/Columbia Turnpike in Hanover Township. All lanes on this route are currently closed, and traffic is being detoured.
Construction on I-80 Causes Lane Closures
In Roxbury Township, construction work is in progress on I-80 eastbound in the vicinity of Exit 30 - Howard Blvd. The right shoulder is closed until 1:45 p.m. Another construction zone on I-80 is affecting traffic eastbound between East of Exit 47A - I-280 in Montville Township and Exit 52 - CR 613/Passaic Ave in Fairfield Township. The left lane is closed until 2:00 p.m.
Other Construction Projects
Numerous other construction projects are in effect throughout Morris County:
- NJ 124 in both directions Condurso Way/Kings Rd in Madison. All lanes are open until 3:30 p.m.
- NJ 10 westbound from In the vicinity of I-287 in Hanover Twp to In the vicinity of Franklin Rd in Denville Twp. One left lane is closed until 3:00 p.m.
- NJ 23 in both directions from North of Alexander Ave in Pequannock Twp to North of Maple Lake Rd in Kinnelon. The right shoulder is closed until 3:00 p.m.
- US 46 westbound West of I-80 in Mount Olive Twp. One right lane is closed until 3:30 p.m.
- NJ 15 northbound in the vicinity of CR 699/Berkshire Valley Rd in Rockaway Twp. One right lane is closed until 2:00 p.m.
- I-280 westbound in the vicinity of I-80 in Parsippany-Troy Hills Twp. The right shoulder is closed until 3:00 p.m.
- US 46 in both directions from West of I-80 in Mount Olive Twp to East of NJ 183/Netcong Circle in Roxbury Twp. The right shoulder is closed until 3:00 p.m.
Residents and commuters in Morris County are advised to remain vigilant and expect delays due to these ongoing developments. Motorists are encouraged to plan their trips accordingly and use alternate routes where possible.