Truck Fire and Construction Create Morris County Traffic on I-80, NJ 24, NJ 15, NJ 10, US 46
A truck fire on I-80 eastbound near Exit 37 in Rockaway Township has resulted in the closure of all lanes, causing significant traffic disruptions. This event coincides with several construction projects across Morris County, impacting major routes including NJ 15, NJ 24, NJ 10, and US 46.
As of 10:36am today, emergency services are responding to a truck fire on I-80 eastbound, just west of Exit 37 - CR 513/Hibernia Avenue in Rockaway Township. The incident has necessitated the closure of all lanes, with traffic being diverted. Authorities have not yet provided an estimated time for reopening.
In addition to the truck fire, Morris County is experiencing a wave of construction activities affecting key roadways. Commuters are advised to plan for delays or seek alternate routes where possible:
- I-80 Eastbound Construction: Near Exit 34 - NJ 15 in Roxbury Township, construction has closed the right lane until 3:00 PM.
- NJ 24 Construction: Running from I-287 in Hanover Township to east of Exit 1 - CR 511/Whippany Road in Morris Township, one left lane is closed in both directions until 2:00 PM.
- NJ 15 Construction: Around CR 699/Berkshire Valley Road in Rockaway Township, one left lane is closed in both directions until 3:00 PM.
- NJ 10 Construction: On NJ 10 eastbound at Dryden Way in Hanover Township and on the NJ 10 eastbound ramp to Dryden Way, one left lane and all lanes are closed, respectively, until 3:00 PM and 11:59 PM.
- US 46 Construction: Affects westbound traffic east of I-80 in Denville Township and both directions from east of CR 513/West Main Street in Rockaway Township to west of NJ 53 in Denville Township, with one right lane and the right shoulder closed until 3:00 PM.
Motorists are urged to exercise caution and patience as they navigate these areas. The combination of the truck fire and simultaneous construction projects is expected to cause considerable congestion throughout the day. Authorities are working diligently to manage traffic flow and ensure safety for all road users. Stay tuned to local traffic updates for the latest information.